Monday, August 23, 2010

First Public Statement From Aafia's Son on His Disappearance and Detention

 JFAC

JFAC today circulate a sensational statement from Ahmed Siddiqui, the eldest son of Aafia Siddiqui, which he made to an intelligence officer after he was released from US custody in 2008. In it, he discloses for the first time the details of their abduction in 2003 and some information about his detention in the five years in which he was missing. The statement is extracted from a document provided to British journalist, Yvonne Ridley.

Ahmed states:
"I do not remember the date but it seems a long time ago i remember we were going to Islamabad in a car when we were stopped by different cars and high roof ones. My mother was screaming and I was screaming as they took me away, I looked around and saw my baby brother on the ground and there was blood. My mother was crying and screaming. Then they put something on my face. I smelt and don't remember anything.

I woke up I was in a room. There were American soldiers in uniform and plain clothes people. They kept me in different places. If I cried or didn't listen, they beat me and tied me and chained me. There were English speaking, Pashto and Urdu speaking. I had no courage to ask who they were. At times, for a long time, I was alone in a small room. Then I was taken to some childrens prison where there were lots of other children.

The American Consular, who came to me in Kabul jail, said, 'Your name is Ahmed. You are American. Your mother's name is Aafia Siddiqui and your younger brother is dead. After that they took me away from the kids' prison and I met the Pakistani consular, and I talked to my aunt (Fowzia Siddiqui)".

No comments:

Post a Comment